Advanced Esthetics and Spa Operations
Advanced Esthetics and Spa Operations Diploma in just 43 Weeks!
Estheticians provide facial and body treatments designed to enhance an individual’s physical appearance. They are employed in beauty salons, electrolysis studios, scalp treatment and hair replacement clinics and other similar establishments and in cosmetic departments of retail establishments such as pharmacies and department stores, or they may be self-employed.
N.O.C. 6482 Median Salary $13 hr. *Job Bank 2015
Advanced Esthetics and Spa Operations Program Focus:
- Estheticians give facial and other body treatments using specialized products and techniques.
- Cosmeticians advise customers on the use of make-up and other beauty products and apply make-up to customers; may specialize in applying makeup to models or other individuals for special occasions.
- Electrologists remove unwanted hair permanently from client’s face or body using needle only specialized electrical hair removal equipment, laser and other equipment.
- Manicurists and pedicurists clean, shape and polish fingernails and toenails and provide related treatments.
- Scalp treatment specialists apply medicated lotions to treat scalp conditions and hair loss.