Train to be a Dental Hygienist in just 18 Months!
A Dental Hygienist provides dental hygiene treatment and information related to the prevention of diseases and disorders of the teeth and mouth. They are employed in dentists’ offices, hospitals, clinics, educational institutions, government agencies and private industry.
N.O.C. 3222 Median Salary $70,000 year *Job Bank 2015
Dental Hygiene Program Focus:
- Conduct an initial dental assessment and consult with dentists on patient care
- Take dental impressions
- Instruct patients regarding oral hygiene procedures
- Clean and stimulate the gums to prevent gum disease
- Remove stains and deposits from teeth to prevent tooth and root decay
- Apply fluoride treatment
- Take and develop X-rays
- May perform restorative and orthodontic procedures under the direction of a dentist
- May supervise dental assistants in their health care functions.