Intra Oral Dental Assisting Level 1 & 2
Intra Oral Dental Assisting Level 1 & 2 Diploma in under 52 weeks!
An Intra Oral Dental Assisting Level 1 & 2 assists dentists, dental hygienists and dental therapists during the examination and treatment of patients and perform clerical functions. Dental assistants work in dental offices, community health centres, in educational institutions and clinics.
N.O.C. 3411 Median Salary $38,000 year *Job Bank 2015
Intra Oral Dental Assisting Level 1 & 2 Program Focus:
- Prepare patients for dental examination and assist the dentist during the examination
- Sterilize and maintain instruments and equipment
- Prepare dental instruments and filling materials
- Take and develop X-rays
- Polish teeth and clinical crowns and apply fluoride and sealant
- Take preliminary impressions for diagnostic casts
- Fabricate and place temporary crowns and restorations
- Educate patients concerning oral hygiene
- Invoice patients for dental services
- Schedule patient appointments and record dental procedures performed
- Order dental and office supplies
- May perform intra-oral duties such as remove sutures, take and record vital signs, apply desensitizing agents, topical anaesthetic, ant cariogenic agents and apply and remove rubber dams.